Three upcoming Bollywood movies are now in search for new titles
Name: Rambo Rajkumar
Directed by: Prabhudheva
The problem: The original producers of Sylvester Stallone’s Rambo series threw a spanner into Prabhudheva’s zany title.
What the filmmaker says: “Today they are objecting to the Rambo in my title.Tomorrow they might have a similar objection to ‘Jackson’ in my title Action Jackson.I am lucky no Rathod came forward to object to Rowdy Rathod.”
The way ahead: The ‘Rambo’ would be replaced by asterisks in the publicity, the logic being …everyone knows the title of the film by now anyway.
Name: Hamara Bajaj
Directed by: Shoojir Sircar
The problem: The makers of the Bajaj scooters have raised legal objections to the title.
What the filmmaker says: “It was never a title registered with us. It was on our wish list.So there is no issue. When I actually get down to writing the script I will think of a title.”
The way ahead : Title to be changed.
Name: Ram Leela
Directed by: Sanjay Leela Bhansali
The problem: Another producer claims the title belongs to him and refuses to part with it.
What the filmmaker says: “I have no patience with these problems. I had faced a similar situation with the title of Devdas.”
The way ahead : To ensure legal safety the title Ram Leela is subtitled with ‘Goliyon Ki Raas Leela.’
Latest posts by Subhash K Jha (see all)
- Kill Dil: Movie Review - Nov 14, 2014
- Children’s Day Special: Shweta Prasad Who Won The National Award At Age 12 - Nov 14, 2014
- Children’s Day Special: Filmmakers Who Have Worked With Children Choose Their Favourites - Nov 14, 2014
- Garam Hawa: Movie Review - Nov 13, 2014
- Shabana Azmi In Controversial British Film On Indian Royalty - Nov 13, 2014