Where are the children of the lesser God? You may well ask, as Bollywood was filled with spunky confident bright star-children in 2019. Not one noteworthy debutant from outside the industry.And the status quo remains unchanged in the coming year. A look at the star children waiting in the wings to wow the world in the coming year.
1. Khushi Kapoor: The immortal Sridevi must be smiling from heaven. First daughter Janhvi made her well-received debut in Dhadak. Now it’s younger daughter Khushi’s turn.She will be launched in all likelihood oppositeSaif and Amrita’s son Ebrahim by hawk-eyed producer Karan Johar. It’s a promise Karan made to Sridevi.
2. Suhana Khan: While Shah Rukh Khan’s son is apparently not keen on being an actor daughter Suhana is training for a career in acting. Though it is not confirmed yet, it is likely that Karan Johar will launch the ‘Suhana’ safar.
3. Sharmin Sehgal: Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s launch film Malaal for his niece Sharmin Sehgal is almost ready.The film is directed by Mangesh Hadawale and according to sources Bhansali has spared no expenses to ensure the project is as lavish as the ones he himself directs.A thorough artiste Bhansali cannot be accused of nepotism for its own sake. Says the director, “I wouldn’t launch my own daughter, if I had one, if I didn’tsee the spark in her.”
4. Mizaan Jaffrey: Another talent from within the film industry. Mizaan is the son of actor-anchor Javed Jaffrey. He has been chosen to star opposite Sanjay Bhansali’s niece Sharmin in Malaal. But his role and his screen presence are in no way secondary to the female debutante. Mizaan is supposedly quite a chip off the old block. Says a source from Bhansali productions, “Mizaan has the comic timing of his grandfather Jagdeep the dancing skills of his fatherJaved and a screen presence that is all his own.”
5. Ananya Panday: Chunky Panday’s pretty daughter is being launched by Karan Johar opposite Tiger Shroff inStudent Of The Year 2. Considering what the first film in the campus franchise did to Alia Bhatt’s career , great things are expected from Ananya.
6. Anmol Thakeria: Actress Poonam Dhillon and producer Ashoka Thakeria’s son is being launched by producerSanjay Bhansali in a film being directed by debutant Taranveer Singh. Anmol apparently approached Bhansali all on his own without seeking to use his parents’ name as a calling card. Good going,kid.
7. Iulia Vantur: Is she an outsider(from Romania, how much more of an outsider can a debutante be?) or is she an insider(Salman Khan’s khaas dost, how much more of an insider can she get?). Is she going to be Mrs Khan soon? Gosh, even her debut films title has a question mark Radha Kyon Gori Main Kyon Kaala?
8. Tara Sutaria: The lone ‘outsider’ among the bevy of star-kids to be launched in 2019, Tara plays the poutyfemme fatale in Student Of The Year 2, a la Rani Mukherjee in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.She could be the dark horse of 2019.