1. Ranveer Singh: He started 2018 with a blockbuster Padmaavat , ended last year with another blockbuster Simmba. No wonder the film trade expects him tokickstart 2019 with a big hit.
2. Alia Bhatt: Cent-percent success.All her films so far barring Shaandaar are hits. In Gully Boy she is paired with Ranveer for the first time. They’ve done some very entertaining ads together.And if those ads are anything to go by, Gully Boy will be a riot.
3. Indi-Rap Hiphop Zindabad: Why has no one thought of making a film on the flourishing culture of rap and hip-hop in Mumbai? It’s the kind of engaging endeavour that was just waiting to be filmed.
4. Ranveer Not Larger-Than-Life(Thankfully!): Aren’t you a little tired of watching Ranveer Singh play flamboyant exhibitionists? Be it a callous dynastic ruler or a boorish cop, Ranveer is always the attention-seeker on screen. OnlyZoya Akhtar knows how to harness the more sensitive and quiet side of Ranveer’s personality. He will be as subdued here as he was in Zoya’s Dil Dhadakne Do.
5. Zoya Akhtar: Every film by Zoya is special, from Luck By Chance to ZindagiNa Milegi Dobaara to Dil Dhadakne Do, Zoya knows how to juice her charcaters’ subconscious into an attractively manifested show of slickly designed emotions.
6. Real Life Characters: Gully Boyz is based on real-life rappers from the streets of Mumbai. Ranveer loves to rap in real life. He was the first and only choice for the lead.
7. Curiosity Value: After the game-changing success of Uri, audiences are in the mood for authentic credible real-life situations and characters. The closer you are to the ground-level the better.
8. Somehow films with a musical theme about the life of musicians have always won audiences’ hearts , from Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s Abhimaan to Subhash Ghai’sKarz to Mohit Suri’s Aashiqui 2.