1. Munnabhai MBBS: Producer Vidhu Vinod Chopra was very keen that Shah Rukh play Munnabhai while Vivek Oberoi was to play his friend Circuit. Shah Rukh didn’t feel comfortable with the role and character. Eventually Sanjay Dutt stepped in.And with him came Arshad Warsi.
2. Padmaavat: Sanjay Bhansali went to Shah Rukh Khan with the offer to play the villain Aalluddin Khilji. But Shah Rukh was apparently not okay with doing a film where the leading had the author-backed role.Also he is off negative roles.
3. Lagaan: Perhaps the single-most important film of Aamir Khan’s career had gone to Shah Rukh first. But Shah Rukh had a problem seeing himself in a dhoti. In fact he almost said no to Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas for the same reason.
4. 3 Idiots: Again Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s first choice was Shah Rukh Khan. But King Khan couldn’t give the dates that Vinod Chopra wanted. Significantly this was the second big Raj Kumar Hirani film produced by Chopra, to be rejected by Shah Rukh. Finally SRK is working with Hirani and this time Hirani himself will serve as producer.
5. Ek Tha Tiger: Why did Shah Rukh say no to Kabir Khan’s proposed espionage franchise? Indeed SRK and not Salman was Kabir’s first choice . Apparently SRK heard Kabir’s narration with great interest. But finally said no. A source finally reveals why King Khan rejected Tiger. He was already doing a spy franchise Don with Farhan Akhtar. You can’t have James Bond playing Ethan Hunt.