- 2017-18 will be devoted almost entirely to Akshay channeling the biographical creature within. He plays real-life characters in R Balki’sPadman(Arunachalam Muruganatham), Reema Kagti’s Gold(captain of 1948 Olympian gold winning hockey team), a film on historic Battle Of Saragarhi, and of course Mogul(on the life of music baronGulshan Kumar).
- Since Akshay Kumar plays Gulshan Kumar the character will beshorn of all negativity. He will be portrayed as ‘Matadi’ Bhakt(whichAkshay too is in real life) who rose from ragas to riches, so to speak, by selling music to the public at an affordable price . Akshay plays negative in Robot 2. But that apart he won’t dabble in even the slightest shade of black. So it’s phool khile hain Gulshan Gulshan, AK style.Jai Mata Di.
- Akshay loves to sing devotional numbers. He frequently belts them out to friends and relatives . Since GulshanKumar was a MatadiBhakt this is AK’s chance to croon Mataji songs. Main aaya mainaaya , Sherawaliye.
- GulshanKumar gave opportunities to as many as 45-50 new singers, some of whom went to become hugely successful playback singers. Writer-director Subhash Kapoor who helms Mogul is likely to ask many singers from Gulshan Kumar’s T Series repertoire to make cameo appearances in the film.
- If sources are to believed Shradha Kapoor has been sounded out to play the all-important role of Anuradha Paudwal the singer who proved the single-most influential game-changer in front of the mike at Gushan Kumar’s T series stable.
What You Won’t Get To See In Moghul
- Gulshan Kumar’s alleged involvement with music piracy in the initial stages of his career in the music business is unlikely to figure in the bio-pic as his son Bhushan is the producer of Mogul.
- Gulshan Kumar’s murder is not going to figure in the bio-pic. According to sources close to the project, the idea is to make a motivational inspirational bio-pic about a man who conquered all odds and revolutionized the business of film music
- The contribution of composers Nadeem-Shravan in the growth of T Series is likely to be obliterated as Nadeem Saifi stands allegedly accused in Gulshan Kumar’s murder.Nadeem lives in exile away from India fearing arrest.
- AkshayKumar won’t try to look and sound like GulshanKumar. In that sense this bio-pic would serve up as authentic a protagonist as Akshay’s ‘Rustom’ allegedly based on K M Nanavati.
- Though there will be plenty of music in Mogul we won’t hear the songs from Aashiqui, Saajan, Dil Hai Ki Mantna Nahin, Pyar JhuktaNahin and Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, the soundtracks that re-wrote the history Hindi film music in the 1990s.