1. She is the undisputed God of all melodious of things. The Sing Sena Supremo. But whom does Lata Mangeshkar idolize as a singer? It’s Kundal Lal Saigal. She adored his voice as a child and grew up listening to each and every one of his songs over and over again.Regrettably she couldn’t meet him. He passed away days before their appointed meeting.
2. And the one singer whom she despised? G M Durrani who was the reigning singer of the 1940s and 50s. During their first recording Durrani made some comments that Lataji didn’t like.She never returned to sing with him again.
3. Everyone knows she never sang for composer O .P Nayyar. But did you know they came THIS close recording a song together? Yes, OP was all set to record a number with Lataji. The venue and time were set. But she didn’t turn up as she was unwell. OP took the affront personally. He vowed never to work with her again.Whose loss was it anyway?
4. The newest addition to the Mangeshkar family is a new canine . The canine is also a huge LM fan and though the entire Mangeshkar clan is fond of the adorable little family member ,the canine prefers to spend all her time in Lataji’s room.
5. Generous to a fault, Lataji loves to send out gifts to her friends and well wishers. Jaya Bachchan and Hema Malini are among those blessed with beautiful sarees gifted by the Goddess. This Diwali, just days before she fell ill, Lataji was on the phone wishing some of those she loved a Happy Diwali and sending out gifts to them.