1. Akshay Kumar in a turban never fails. Do recall Singh In Kinng and its unofficial sequel Sing Is Bling(whatever that meant).Akshay says he feels very special when playing a Sardarji. Surely, the feeling is shared by the audience as well.
2. Akshay plays a true-life Sikh warrior who defended our country against a massive Afghani invasion. This hitherto-unfilmed episode of Indian history was to be made with Sanjay Dutt in the lead by director Raj Kumar Santoshi. It fell through. Later Salman Khan was also associated with the project as a producer. That didn’t work out either.More the hurdles, the sweeter the fruits of success.
3. 2019 is a year of tremendous success. 9 out of the releases so far are declared hits with Uri crossing the boxoffice collection of almost every blockbuster. Patriotism is clearly the big selling-point at the boxoffice.And if you add Akshay Kumar to it you just can’t go wrong.
4. The past weekend went horribly wrong at the boxoffice. All the four films released on March 15 were miserable flops. The dark week can be seen as the precursor to the bright light to come.
5. Because it is Akshay Kumar. When was the last time he had a flop? Akshayas an instinctive feel for what works at the boxoffice. It isn’t about flogging the formula. It is about discovering fresh insights in timeworn stories.
6. Director Anurag Singh has done some amazing work in Punjabi with DiljitDosanjh.With Akshay Kumar comes Anurag’s biggest litmus test. Never hasAnurag directed anything so big. The sheer scale of the film with battle scenes that feature thousands, makes Kesari an epic effort even before release.
7. Ah, and one more thing. Akshay pairs up with Parineeti Singh for the first time. Parineeti’s character gets her name from her globally feted cousin who at one time was Akshay’s favourite co-star. Is Priyanka flattered?