1. SRK was not daunted by the idea of playing a midget because he doesn’t think he is so tall in the first place. Unlike some other stars/superstars who pretend to be much taller than they actually are, SRK is very content in his shoes. We recall how Shahid Kapoor would bubble over with froth when reminded how much tallerDeepika was to him in Padmaavat. Even the boxoffice agreed.
2. Katrina and Anushka Sharma, SRK’s two heroines in Zero are both taller than himeven without being vertically challenged as a character. SRK joked about his heroines’ heights right through the making of Zero.
3. Bauua Singh is SRK’s most challenging role , not because he is vertically challenged but because SRK had to project the incompleteness of the character without making him look like a victim. Those who have seen the film say SRK will finally win his first National award for Zero.
4. Contrary to popular belief SRK’s midget act is not inspired by Kamal Haasan in Appu Raja. Who started this rumour? Do two vertically challenged heroes have to be similar? Appu is as similar to Bauua as MukeshKhanna to Rajesh Khanna.
5. Anushka Sharma plays a space scientist with cerebral palsy. She apparently studied Daniel Day Lewis’ performance in My Left Foot and Eddy Redmayne in The Theory Of Everything.
6. Anushka was signed first. Katrina wanted to do Anushka’s character. But director Aanand Rai was very clear on the casting. He wanted someone tall and leggy and stunning to play the actress alcoholic actress Babita Kumarito create a stark physical contrast with the vertically challenged Hero, Er, Zero.
7. Katrina’s Babita Kumari is actually inspired Hema Malini in Vijay Anand’s Tere Mere Sapne. Remember Hema’s portrayal of the lonely actress?