1. The Amitabh–Aamir Face-Off In Thugs Of Hindostan: It’s going to be the biggest action sequence ever filmed for a Hindi film.Playing characters inspired by real life this is going to be the mother of all face-offs between two tall actors(one of them tall in a metaphorical sense only) who have never been together, never come together, never faced one another. The climactic confrontation is going to be the biggest action scene of 2018. Releasing on 7 November.
2. Aamir Khan as Arjuna in Mahabharat: Yup, it’s confirmed.Aamir has begun preparing to play Arjuna in Mahabharat.And we all know what it means when Aamir prepares. Aamir has been reading the Mahabharat and the Bhagavat Gita diligently every morning.HisArjun will blow the screen off. Date of release not decided.
3. Nawazuddin Siddiqui as Manto: The Urdu auteur writer whose brutal frankness about life during the violence and bloodshed of the Partition shook our conscience , will be Nawaz’s chance to play a heroic character after playing scummy characters in a string of dark murky films. On his impact as Manto in Nandita Das’ bio-pic will depend the impact of the Bal Thackeray bio-pic.Date Of Release not decided.
4. Abhishek Bachchan as Sahir Ludhianvi: New beginning forAbhishek in 2018 with a bio-pic on the poet-lyricist Sahir Ludhianviwho gave to India such immortal words of socio-political awakening as Jinhe naaz hai hind par wohkahaan hain in Pyasa and Woh subahkabhi toh ayegi(Phir Subah Hogi). Abhishek under the stewardship ofSanjay Leela Bhansali who will produce the bio-pic , promises to blossom into an extraordinary celluloid force. Date Of Release not decided
5. Akshay Kumar as Arunachalam Muruganantham: Playing the enterprising man who invented the economical sanitary napkinAkshay will bring his natural flair and empathy to a character who is meant to be an antidote to social inertia. Can’t wait to see this onJanuary 26.
6. Ranbir Kapoor as Sanjay Dutt: Would Ranbir mimic the famousDutt mannerisms? Or would he give his own interpretation to the character? That’s the question which will be answered when this eagerly awaited Dutt bio-pic directed by the real Sanjay Dutt’s palRajkumar Hirani ,opens on 30 March.
7. Kangana Ranaut as Jhansi Ki Rani: So many actresses have tried to play Rani Laxmibai and failed.So many times bio-pics on this warrior queen was announced and aborted.Will Kangana shut all her detractors up with her portrayal of Rani Laxmibai in Manikarnika the Queen Of Jhansi? We shall know the answer when the film opens on27 April.
8. Deepika Padukone as Padmavati: We can only wait and watch.