Here are the 8 reason why Te3n is a blockbuster….
- Like Kahaani—and oh boy, did we like!—Te3n is set in Kolkata. The city throbs with passion as the multitudes melt into a self-consuming energy.
- Most thrillers about kidnappings and ransom are about rescuing the victim….just in time. Time has run out of John Biswas as he grieves for his kidnapped and killed grand daughter.It’s a tragedy beyond drama.
- When was the last time you saw a ransom thriller that dug deep into the psyche of the victim? The Imran Khanstarrer Kidnap? Nah. The suspense was squandered in developing a cute relationship between the kidnapper and the kidnapped. Raj Sippy’s Inkaar in 1978 was far better.
- The Big B’s startling turn as a 70-plus Common Man , reveals uncommon sincerity.He’s without his trademark beard and therefore has no place to hide.Which makes him seem all the more vulnerable
- NawazuddinSiddiqui shares on-screen talk-time with Mr Bachchan for the first time.They are both at their subdued summit , bringing to the screen a rare collective quietude.
- After a series of well-intended fiascos Vidya Balan returns with a solid role as a female cop.Though billed as a ‘guest appearance’ she is present all through and has even done some terrific chase sequences.Girl power, zindabad!
- Beti Bachao, protecting the girl child is big in our country and in Bollywood . Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Rocky Handsome and now Te3n adresss the issue.
- Recent Bollywood films shot in Kolkata—Kahaani, Piku , Byomkesh Bakshi—were special for their fervor and flavor.Te3n gives us Kolkata unplugged.