1. Aishwarya fell in love with AbhishekBachchan during the shooting of J P Dutta’s UmraoJaan. They would be missing from the sets for hours driving the finicky Dutta up the nearest papier–mache wall.
2. Once during their courtship on the sets of UmraoJaan JP got so exasperated that he ripped her costume into pieces after waiting forever for her to reach the sets for a dance number.
3. Aishwarya is not on talking terms with Priyanka Chopra. The two fell out seriously when Priyanka stole Aishwarya’s role in Rohan Sippy’s Bluff Master which ironically starred AbhishekBachchan. Many years later Priyanka again stole Aishwarya’s item song in Ram Leela. Yes Ram chaheleelechahe was originally to be performed by Aishwarya. Gaanegaanepelikhahainachnewalikanaam.
4.Aishwarya’s in-laws have no interest or say in her career decisions. She doesn’t discuss the films she signs.with them
5. Shabana and Aishwarya share a very special equation ever since they worked together as daughter and surrogate mother in UmraoJaan. They came together again in Jazbaa last year this time as adversaries. But that didn’t stop them from sharing girlie vibes in between shots.
6. Aishwarya is an able singer. She has a great singing voice and she loves to sing for those close to her.Those privileged to hear her sing include husband Abhishek and daughter Aaradhya.
7. Aishwarya loves collecting knickknacks from all over the world.Whenever wherever Aishwarya travels she buys little souvenirs and her home Jalsa is strewn with souvenirs purchased by the family’s Bahu.
8. While doting on daughter Aaradhya and refusing to let her out of sight Aishwarya is also the disciplinarian in the family. While hubby Abhishek, sasumaaJaya and sasurjiAmitabhBachchan spoil Aaradhya silly, mom Aishwarya knows where to draw the line.The little girl is not allowed to buy everything
9. Aishwarya contributed a lot to the dialogues and emotional dynamics of the dramatic scenes in Jazbaa. She will be directing a film in the near future.
10. She plans to show Jazbaa to her favourite director Sanjay Leela Bhansali as soon as he getsa day off from shooting BajiraoMastani, the film that was originally to be made with Aishwarya and Salman.