They are at the top of the game. But seem to be hitting the wrong notes lately. Here are Bollywood darlings who need to get it right in 2017.
- Siddharth Malhotra: Speaking of Alia Bhatt,can Sid Malhotra be far behind? Well actually, he IS far behind Alia in terms of boxofficesuccess. He had two releases in 2017.Kapoor & Sons was a knockout punch. But Fawad Khan walked away right into Pakistan, with all the credit. As for Baar Baar Dekho, the title proved ominously ironic. Forget baar-baar audiences didn’t even go ek baar. This year MrMalhotra has Bang Bang Reloaded which sounds like something Sunny Leone did in the past and doesn’t want to talk about.
2. Sunny Leone: A rage as an item girl. A flop as a leading lady.When will the luscious Ms Leone see the writing on the wall? I hope she gets it right before she ends up doing a few more Leelas and One-night stands in Bollywood . Just focus on being the oomph girl. It isn’t a bad place to be in.
3. Katrina Kaif: After Abhishek Kapoor’s Fitoor in 2015 and NityaMehra’s unfortunate Baar Baar Dekho in 2016, Katrina needs to desperately come back with Ali Abbas Zafar’s Tiger Zinda Hai. SinceSalman has always rescued her in the past no reason why he won’t be able to do so again.
4. Parineeti Chopra: The break she took to get into shape , braked her career and put all her plans out of shape. Now she needs just that one film to bring her back into the reckoning. Meri Pyaari Bindulooks promising. But will it do the trick for perky Parineeti?
5.Shradha Kapoor: With Rock On 2 and Ok Jaanu tanking within two months of one another, this talented Kapoor needs to do some serious career re-think . This year she has Haseena where she plays Dawood’s dreaded sister . It’s a do-or-die effort for Shradha. DirectorApoorva Lakhia is Bollywood ’s inhouse expert on gangsterism. Can he spin a blood-soaked saga around petite Shradha?
6. A. ditya Roy Kapoor: What’s with the Kapoors’ careers? Seemingly foolproof projects with topnotch banners and co-stars have let thisKapoor down.Who would have though that a Yash Raj Film(Daawat-e-Ishq) and a Karan Johar Film(Ok Jaanu) would sink without a trace? Aditya now needs to get adventurous. Sign an unsafe film. Go, swim in the dark.
7. Vidya Balan: Aditya’s sister-in-law just needs to stop shouldering films for a change. Just do a film where you let the guys take responsibility. Just move to the backseat in a big star-studded masalablockbuster. See how liberating it is. Just go ahead and try it.