Since there are no formal awards functions this year, Subhash K Jha decided to give some of his own.
1.Best Silent Actor Of The Year: Alia Bhatt who didn’t utter a word while Kangana Ranaut carried out a tirade. Alia,was so good at being silently eloquent that we hear Sanjay Bhansali has signed her for a remake of Khamoshi: The Musical. It will now be called Khamoshi : The Whimsical.
Best Actor of the Year: Arnab Goswami. His performance in the ‘Mujhe drugs do drugs do’ monologue on his primetime newshour ranks right up there with Dilip Kumar’s ‘Ae bhai itna sannatakyon hai’ monologue in Mashaal.
2. Best Publicist Of The Year: Kangana Ranaut, for being her own best promoter. She made sure she was in the news all through the year.
3. Best Supporting Actor(s) Of the Year: All those “friends” of Sushant Singh Rajput who crawled out of the woodwork to speak authoritatively on him. I am a hundred percent convinced Sushant would have been hard put to recognize some of these friends of his.
4. Best Filmland Father of The Year: Chunky Pandey. He took all the jokes about Ananyainhering her looks from her mother and acting genes from her father, in his stride.
5. Worst Cameo Performance Of The Year: Harshvardhan Kapoor in AK Vs AK. He threw an epic tantrum , screamed, shouted and writhed on the floor to get Anurag Kashyap’s attention. Kashyap was not impressed.
6. Best Drag Act Of TheYear: Rajkummar Rao in Ludo . That girlie act at the start was so startling it reminded us of Bachchan Saab in Laawaris. Ludohad a Bachchan in it.Luckily he has stayed from the drag act so far. Who knows about the future.
7. Best Item Song Of The Year: AbhishekBannerjee and Geetika Vidya in the webseriesVishaanu.Most natural outburst of exuberance I’ve ever seen.
8. Best Covid Infected Bollywoodian Of The Year: Varun Dhawan. He remained funny upbeat,positive and motivational all through his quarantine.
9. Funniest Entertainer of the Year: MukeshKhanna. He had opinion on every opinion voiced by anyone in the film industry on the Ramayan and Mahabharat. Wonder who appointed him the official moral police on mythological matters.
10. Most Foot-in-the-mouth Star Of The Year:Saif Ali Khan. Poor guy. Every time he opened his mouth he got into trouble.