Haseen Dillruba release, Subhash K Jha Lists 5 Reasons Why It Will Shock You
1. A heroine like never before. Taapsee Pannu’s Rani Saxena is a wanton woman who refuses to be slut-shamed when a lack of emotional and physical satisfaction with her husband drives her into a torrid affair with her husband’s cousin. Just a month after their marriage!!! Who has an extra-marital affair so soon after marriage, and that too with her husband’s cousin. Rani Saxena of course!
2. Taapsee Pannu’s Rani Saxena will remind you of Sanya Malhotra’s Sandhya Giri in Pagglait. Both smalltowners seem to feel nothing for their newly-married husband and are attracted to another male member of the family. Farq itna hai , Sandhya doesn’t take the plunge into an exta-marital affair. Rani plunges right into the amorous adventure headlong and is ready to elope with her husband’s cousin.
3. Harshvardhan Rane plays the ‘Body’ for the second time in a row. In Bejoy Nambiar’s Taish he was the bare-chested bait ,tempting Sanjeeda Sheikh away from her husband Abhimanyu Singh. Here in Haseen Dillruba he seduces his cousin’s newly married wife without a apology.
4. Taapsee Pannu’ Rani is not a repentant wife after the extra-marital affair. She goes up to her husband and confesses about the fling while he feeds on the mutton curry that she prepared for her lover. Husband Vikrant Massey doesn’t choke on the mutton bone. Life isn’t that easy on anyone in this film.
5. This is by far the most slutty character Taapsee Pannu has played. In Director Vinil Mathews’s first film Hansee Toh Phasee Parineeti Chopra was weird but certainly not wanton. The most shocking thing Parineeti did in Hansee Toh Phasee was pee in her pants. Taapsee Pannu in Haseen Dillruba is not the wife you would want for yourself even if she comes with a hefty dowry(which Rani doesn’t).Trust me on that.