1. No fresh pair: Aditya Roy Kapoor and Shradha Kapoor who wept through most of Aashiqui 2 here seem to be making up for lost time by whooping it up. If only the audience decides to join their party.
2. The pair is already seen. Recent experience at the boxoffice shows fresh pairs sell. Mr and Ms Kapoor in Ok Jaanu look as fresh as daisies left out to dry in the scorching sun.
3. Live-in relationships have met with a lukewarm response in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil and Befikre.Third time lucky…or,groan, not again?
4. Neither Mr Kapoor or Ms Kapoor have seen a particularly happy phase in their respective careers after Aashiqui 2. Mr Kapoor had the disastrous Daawat-e-Ishq and the super-disastrous Fitoor. Ms Kapoor’s Rock On 2 bombed and a lot of prople blame her for it. Would Ok Jaanu turn the tide for the duo?
5. Director Shaad Ali had a resounding success with a Mani Ratnam remake in Saathiya. He followed it up with another hit Bunty Aur Babli. Thereafter it’s been disastrous all the way for Shaad with Jhoom Baraabar Jhoom and Kill Dil. Would this Mani Ratnam remake turn the tide for Shaad?
6. Dangal has demolished the fear of demonetization. Clearly the audience is in the mood to see movies, provided they get something like. Whether a film about two commitment-phobic people living in sing(courtesy A R Rahman) does the thing, remains to be seen.
7. Rahman’s music has not caught on at all. Not a single song shows any signs of climbing up the charts and into audiences’ hearts
8. By the way, when was the last time a South Indian remake did well in Hindi? Gabbar Is Back , yes? And that was three years ago.
9. Ok Jaanu comes at an awkward juncture , poised between the super-success of Dangal and the eagerly awaited twin Republic Day releases Raees and Kaabil.While celebrating with Aamir Khan and waiting for Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan, would the audience care to stopover for a spot of Humma Humma with the Kapoors?
10. Mani Ratnam’s Ok Kadhalmani worked . Whether its remake Ok Jaanu works or not would depend entirely on how much the lead pair succeeds in carrying forward the original’s mood of defiant camaraderie . Much of the original now looks like Two States with Chetan Bhagat crossing over into Jhumpa Lahiri territory.