1. Both DK and SRK are Muslim Pathans who hail from absolutely non-film backgrounds. Both went on to become superstars of legendary proportions.
2. Both married women younger than they. The very devoted Saira Banu is 19 years junior to her husband Dilip Kumar. Shah Rukh Khan’s Gauri is 5 years his junior.
3. Both played the iconic Saratchandra Chatterjee hero Devdas in different eras and with different directors.Thankfully, SRK didn’t copy the original.
4. DK used to be extremely articulate and well-informed in his time. If there’s one mind in the film industry that can match Dilip Kumar’s it is Shah Ruk Khan’s. I’ve spent ample time with both, so I know.
5. Interestingly they both live in bungalows that are controversial and disputed. DilipSaab’s bungalow in Pali Hill is is even now in the news for being coveted by a builder. As for SRK’s bungalow Mannat it is always in the news.
6. Dilip Kumar played Dilip Kumar in a cameo in Gulzar’s Koshish. Shah Rukh Khan played Shah Rukh in Fan.
7. They both have a huge fan following in Pakistan. Dilip Kumar was once awarded the highest civilian award in Pakistan.Given today’s political climate Shah Rukh wouldn’t dare accept it.