Shah Rukh Khan & Deewana 29 Years
1. Hema Malini’s Dil Aashna Hai and not Deewana was supposed to be Shah Rukh Khan’s debut film. Hema’s initial release on December 18 1992 got delayed because of the Babri Masjid demolition and the subsequent unrest in the country. Technically however Dil Aashna Hai was SRK’s first film. It finally released on December 25, two weeks late.
2. Divya Bharti was an instant star. Shah Rukh Khan had already become the nation’s sensation. Deewana had released two months earlier and …well… a star was born! Coincidentally, the late Divya Bharti was SRK’s co-star in his first two releases Deewana and Dil Aashna Hai. And though the former released first, SRK had signed the latter first.
3. Recalling how she signed Shah Rukh Hema Malini had told me how he met her as a newcomer in Mumbai and when she told him, she was turning director, he insisted on being in the film. “I told him very bluntly that the film was based on the girl’s character. He could play her boyfriend which was a brief role. He insisted on playing the role. I wish I could give him more to do,” Hema expressed regret. The film was ripped off from the Shirley Conan bestselling novel Lace. Many years later Hema directed the same story with her daughter, Esha Deol in the lead in a film entitled Tell Me Oh Kkhuda. Both the versions of the story were crippling flops. Divya Bharati had a brief but brilliant career as a leading lady before she died under highly mysterious circumstances.
4. Both SRK’s debut and sophomore films co-starred Divya Bharati. In fact she played the central character in both of Shah Rukh Khan’s debut and post-debut releases. Shah Rukh Khan recalled Divya as hardworking and focused star material.Death snatched her away before she could get the stardom she deserved. In 1992 Divya had two releases Deewana and Shola Aur Shabnam, both superhits.
5. The real star of Raj Kanwar’s Deewana was meant to be Rishi Kapoor.His song Sochenge tujhe pyar was upstaged by Shah Rukh’s introductory song Koi na koi chahiye pyar karne wala. Shah Rukh’s duet Aisi deewangi dekhi nahi kabhi with Divya was a straight lift of the song the Kannada song Kanasalu Neene Manasalu Neene from the 1976 Kannada movie Bayalu Daari.
6. Deewana was the second-highest grossing film of 1992 right behind Indra Kumar’s Beta and ahead of Mukul Anand’s Khuda Gawah. It made Raj Kanwar one of the most saleable names among Bollywood directors. Just like Divya, Raj died relatively young.
7. SRK’s role was earmarked for Armaan Kohli. He shot for the film and then walked out due to differences with the director.
Some Question Asked about Shah Rukh Khan on Internet
Is Shahrukh Khan richer than Virat Kohli?
Shah Rukh Khan is considered to be the richest Indian since 2014. As per estimate, Shah Rukh Khan‘s total net worth is Rs 5100 crore whereas Virat Kohli’s net worth is roughly 390 crore. So this makes King Khan almost twice as rich as Virat Kholi.
As per Forbes List of 2014, Shah Rukh Khan was the richest non-Hollywood actor and the second richest actor in the world, with an estimated net worth of US$600 million. On the 2016 Forbes list of the 10 highest-paid actors in the world, Salman Khan ranked sixth, with net worth of US$33.5 million for the year. So , it proves that Shahrukh khan is clear winner here.
Is Shah Rukh Khan a billionaire?
Yes, Shah Rukh Khan is a billionaire. His net worth is around US$700 million. So, considering his stake in IPL and have also his own production house with 100 of brands he is endorsing. Shah Rukh Khan is called the King of Bollywood. Shah Rukh Khan has worked in more than 100 Bollywood movies.
Some questions asked about Deewana Movie
Was Deewana hit or flop?
Released on 25th June 1992, Deewana was a big Hit on Boxoffice and Shah Rukh Khan and Divya Bharti became over night stars from this film.
Who is the hero of Deewana?
There were two heroes in the film Rishi Kapoor and Shah Rukh Khan. But it was considered to be the path breaker film for Shah Rukh Khan.
Who produced Deewana?
Deewana was produced by Guddu Dhanoa and Lalit Kapoor. And production company was Bhagwan Chitra Mandir.
In which year did the shooting of Deewana start?
‘Deewana‘ which released on June 25, 1992 is still remembered today as it was the debut film of actor Shah Rukh Khan.
Videos of Deewana