1. Ajay Devgn did not make his debut in Phool Aur Kaante. Long before that he played the child version of MithunChakraborty’s character in Bapu’s Pyari Behna. Ajay was billed as ‘Master Chotu’.
2. Has won the National award for Best Actor twice for Zakham and The Legend Of Bhagat Singh.
3. Best performance to date was in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Hum…Dil De Chuke Sanam where he played Aishwarya RaiBachchan’s husband .The two hardly interacted during the shooting. Later they did an awful David Dhawan film Hum KissiseKam Nahin together and Rituparno Ghosh’s Raincoat. and hit it off . Ajay was the first person Abhishek Bachchan told about his marriage plans outside immediate family.
4. Ajay Devgn was the first choice to play Bhansali’s Bajirao in Bajirao Mastani. They couldn’t agree on the star’s remuneration.
5. Does not enjoy “serious” films. Likes light-hearted comedies. The kind of cinema for which he collaborates with his buddy Rohit Shetty.
6. Devgn shares a lot with his buddy Rohit Shetty. Both are sons of well-known action directors. Ajay and Rohit attended the same birthday parties as kids.
7. Has directed only one film You Me Aur Hum an unofficial ripoff of the Ryan Gosling film The Notebook.It starred his wife Kajol . The film bombed leaving Devgn’s finances in the red.
8. Devgn’s other home production Raju Chacha which Ajay’s brother Anil Devgn directed, was a huge flop.
9. Devgn worships his parents, touches their feet every morning before leaving home.
10.Devgn will be seen in a very special role in Rajamouli’s RRR.