Ranveer Singh: Here are some little known facts about Him
- Ranveer Singh who injured his shoulder during the shooting of Bajirao Mastani had earlier suffered a serious leg injury during the shooting of Lootera.
- Ranveer Singh almost lost his first role in Band Baaja Baraat. Ranveer was out with a girl when Yashraj’s casting director Shanu Sharma called. Ranveer refused to take Shanu’s calls , as in his own words he had other things on his mind during the date with the girl(who was she?).
- The minute Aditya Chopra saw Ranveer Singh he immediately decided to cast him in the lead in Band Baaja Baraat. Ranveer Singh was the first debutant to be launched by Yashraj as a solo hero.
- When he started out as an actor Ranveer Singh seriously thought of changing his name as it sounded too similar to Ranbir Kapoor.
- There were ugly rumours that Band Baaja Baraat had been funded by Ranveer’s businessman-father, a rumour that Ranveer stoutly denied.
- Ranveer and his first co-star Anushak Sharma bickered endlessly during shooting of Band Baaja Baarat, the reason being their different approaches to acting. She never went to acting school. He is a trained actor.
- Ranveer played a smooth talking ladies’ con-man in his second film Ladies versus Rickie Bahl and his third film Lootera
- Ranveer was the first choice for Anurag Kashyap’s Bombay Velvet. But his dates clashed with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Ram Leela.
- Ranveer has zero financial acumen. Entrepreneur father takes care of his finances.
- To this day Ranveer seeks career advice from his father, Aditya Chopra and his first director Maneesh Sharma.