When seen apart these high-profile couples didn’t amount to much. Thrown together they were dynamite hogging more space in the social media than Prince Harry & Meghan Markle.
1. Arjun Kapoor & Malaika Arora : You would be hard pressed to remember when Arjun had a film release, and which . For the record it was India’s Most Wanted and Panipat in 2019, both flops. But ever since he came out in the open about his long-standing relationship with MalaikaArora (Khan), Arjun was splashed all over the social media,in and out of holidays with his ladylove, praising her pout shoes bag, whatever…Interestingly Malaika never clicked the same way with her former Husband Arbaaz Khan. It’s that darned thing they call chemistry, mystery to us.Will Mal-Arj continue to be a hit jodi after marriage.
2. Ali Fazal-Richa Chadha: Will they marry in April, May…during Covid, post-Covid …the discussions ran on unabated until Sushant Singh Rajput did the unthinkable. Entertainment journalism had other things to think about. Mr Fazal and Ms Chadha have been caught in various parts of the world .Individually they had nothing much to their credit. Ali had Mirzapur 2 and Richa’s Shakeela proved a damp squib. They even walked the right carpet with Judi Dench. ‘Dame’! Some people have all the luck in the world . Will this couple attract the same attention after the wedding whenever it happens?
3. Zaid Durbar-Gauahar Khan: Apart from her win on Bigg Boss,the beautiful Gauahar Khan made no mark as an actor. Nor did her earlier affairs attract the same attention. With ZaidDurbar, son of Ismail, she seems to have clicked on the social media like never before. I am not even sure of what Zaid does. Or what his claim to fame is. He just makes the cut as a power couple with his Begum. Koi shaq?
4. Rohanpreet Singh-Neha Kakkar: Did anyone know Roahanpreet Singh until he fastened his fate to singer Neha Kakkar? Suddenly as a couple they were trending as though their romance was never-ending.While their flash-wedding sounded a bit off-kilter, Neha’s flash-pregnancy seemed even more unreal. The latter turned out to be just a gimmick to promote their new song.With insta-celebs one never knows.
5. Aditya Narayan-Shweta Agarwal: Their wedding was the wedding of the year. Aditya’s father Udit laughingly said his son’s marriage attracted far more attention than Udit’s marriage. So does that mean Aditya is more popular than his father? Fame on the social media is very complex and fickle ally. Here today , viral tomorrow, trolled the day after. Enjoy it while it lasts.