Saira Banu Says Shah Rukh Khan Is Like The Son That She & Dilip Kumar Never Had.
- Both DK and SRK are Muslim Pathans who hail from absolutely non-film backgrounds. Both went on to become superstars of legendary proportions.
- Both married women younger than they. The very devoted Saira Banu is 19 years junior to her husband Dilip Kumar. Shah Rukh Khan’s Gauri is 5 years his junior.
- Both played the iconic Saratchandra Chatterjee hero Devdas in different eras and with different directors. Thankfully, SRK didn’t copy the original.
- DK used to be extremely articulate and well-informed in his time. If there’s one mind in the film industry that can match Dilip Kumar’s it is Shah Ruk Khan’s. I’ve spent ample time with both, so I know.
- Interestingly they both live in bungalows that are controversial and disputed. Dilip Saab’s bungalow in Pali Hill is is even now in the news for being coveted by a builder. As for SRK’s bungalow Mannat it is always in the news.
- Dilip Kumar played Dilip Kumar in a cameo in Gulzar’s Koshish. Shah Rukh Khan played Shah Rukh in Fan.
- They both have a huge fan following in Pakistan. Dilip Kumar was once awarded the highest civilian award in Pakistan.Given today’s political climate Shah Rukh wouldn’t dare accept it.