1. Aishwarya fell in love with Abhishek Bachchan during the shooting of J P Dutta’s Umrao Jaan. They would be missing from the sets for hours driving the finicky Dutta up the nearest papier–mache wall.
2. Once during their courtship on the sets of Umrao Jaan JP got so exasperated that he ripped her costume into pieces after waiting forever for her to reach the sets for a dance number.
3. Aishwarya‘s in-laws have no interest or say in her career decisions. She doesn’t discuss the films she signs. with them. Everyone in the family gets space to take professional decisions without dinner table conferences.
4. Aishwarya is an able singer. She has a great singing voice and she loves to sing for those close to her. Those privileged to hear her sing include husband Abhishek and daughter Aaradhya.
5. Aishwarya loves collecting knickknacks from all over the world. Whenever wherever Aishwarya travels she buys little souvenirs and her home Jalsa is strewn with souvenirs purchased by the family’s Bahu.
6. While doting on daughter Aaradhya and refusing to let her out of sight Aishwarya is also the disciplinarian in the family. While hubby Abhishek, sasumaa Jaya and sasurji Amitabh Bachchan spoil Aaradhya silly, mom Aishwarya knows where to draw the line. The little girl is not allowed to buy everything.
7. Her next film is directed by her second-favorite director Mani Ratnam where he plays a negative role, not for the first time. She was the villain in Raj Santoshi’s Khakhi.
8. Aishwarya will get together with her favorite director Sanjay Leela Bhansali as soon as he completes shooting his current film with Alia Bhatt.
9. Long before Kangana Ranaut Aishwarya played Jayalalitha in Mani Ratnam’s Iruvar. It’s her only bio-pic to date. Aishwarya wants to play her mother-in-law Jaya Bachchan.