The box office is always hungry for fresh jodis. Trade experts say a new screen pairing ensures a certain level of audience interest from the outset. Check out these dewdrop duos ready to drop into our lives in 2021.
1. Akshay Kumar-Sara Ali Khan: Now. that was unexpected. Trust Aanand L Rai to do the thinkable. In Atrangi he has not only cast Akshay Kumar with his colleague Saif’s daughter Sara, but also both of them with Aanand’s favourite actor Dhanush for the first time. Sara plays a rustic woman from Bihar who shares an unusual bonding with her two co-stars.With Akshay anything is possible.
2. Tiger Shroff-Tara Sutaria: Tara was a strong contender for the heroine’s post in Heropanti in 2014. But Kriti Sanon beat her to it, for whatever reason. Finally she gets together with Tiger for the sequel to Heropanti Director Ahmed Khan says the chemistry between the two would be something to watch, though being an action film Tara may not have that much to do.
3. Ranbir Kapoor-Alia Bhatt: Ah, the real-life jodi spilling their mutual affection on to the screen could be just what the audience needs. On the other hand real-life jodis often make boring viewing, used as the viewers are to seeing them together all the time. Who knows, more than Ranbir-Alia, it’s Amitabh-Alia and Amitabh-Ranbir’s togetherness that would interest the audience in Ayan Mukerjee’s Brahmastra.
4. Akshay Kumar-Manushi Chillar: Miss World plays the mythical Sanjukta who will be whisked off her feet from her swayamvar by her on-screen Prithviraj Chauhan in Dr Chandra Prakash Dwivedi’s Prithviraj Chauhan . The director tells me the pair looks heavenly on screen. In recent years Akshay has not found a steady co-star. The wait may finally end with this one.
5. Salman Khan-Pooja Hegde: Pooja Hegde is a huge star in Telugu cinema. She has been so lucky in Hindi cinema …so far. Pairing up with Salman in Kabhi Eid KabhiDiwali could be the best thing to happen to Pooja’s career in Bollywood. It will also give the audience a fresh co-star for Bhai to romance reverentially from afar.Pooja better know he doesn’t get touchy-feely with his heroines.