With a particular political party offering a lakh of rupees to ‘slap’ Aamir for his remarks on the climate of intolerance in the country, and a portal being opened up to ‘slap’ Aamir Khan virtually, it’s time to look at the most famous thappads of filmdom.
- Mala Sinha slaps Sharmila Tagore: During the making of Joy Mukherjee’s espionage thriller Humsaya(1968) Joy’s two heroines Mala Sinha and Sharmila Tagore were said to have had catfights galore. It all ended in Mala planting a slap on Sharmila’s dainty cheek.Sharmila denies the incident. But Mala Sinha simply smiles.
- Nutan Slaps Sanjeev Kumar: The story goes that Nutan’s husband Rajnish Behl suspected his wife of having an affair with her co-star Sanjeev Kumar during the making of Devi(1970). To prove that the rumours were wrong Nutan slapped Sanjeev in full public view.
- Anupam Kher Slaps Journalist: A journalist from a gossip magazine who had written about an alleged affair between the actor and Mamta Kulkarnis’s sister, was slapped on the set of a Kher movie. The slap led to massive protests in the media.
- Geetika Tyagi SlapsSubhash Kapoor: Starlet Geetika Tyagi’s video where she slaps director Subhash Kapoor in front of the latter’s wife created a sensation on the internet.Eventually a case of sexual assault was filed against the director. His career seems to have come to standstill after the scandal.
- Gauhar Khan Slapped By Moral Police: during the shooting of a reality show a man walked up the Gauhar and planted a resounding slap for wearing revealing clothes. Some say it was all a publicity stunt, though Gauhar stoutly denies it.She won’t ‘skirt’ the issue.
- Salman Khan Slaps Subhash Ghai: During a Bollywood party when spirits were high Salman got into an argument with Subhash Ghai and ended up planting an embarrassing slap on the Showman. Salman later apologized to Ghai.
- Shah Rukh Khan Slaps Shirish Kunder: For continuously glaring at him at a party hosted by Sanjay Dutt,Shah Rukh let go one tight slap on Farah Khan’s husband even before everyone could say, ‘Happy New Year’
- Govinda Slaps Fan: This was way back in 2008 when on the set of a film a fan got too close to Govinda for comfort. The actor retorted with a slap . Now the honourable court has asked Govindas to apologise. Issko kehte hain thappad ki goonj.