1. Pardesiyon se na aankhiyan milana: Jab Jab Phool Khile: Playing the innocent Kashmiri shikara owner Shashilooked completely in love with Nanda ,even as she sang his broken heart out in this superhit musical.
2. Bekhudi mein sanam uth gaye jo qadam: Haseena Maan Jayegi : Shashi’s first double role paired him with his uncle Randhir Kapoor’s future wife Babita. Among the many interesting sidelights of this film Shashi got into a drag to sing a parody of Pardesiyon se na aankhiya milana.But it’s the romantic number sung to soulful heights by Rafi Saab and Lataji for which this film is most remembered .
3. Tum bin jaaon kahan: Pyar Ka Mausam: R D Burman’s soulful ballad saw Shashi excelling at expressing the romantic restlessness of a man on the run. Shashi could emote to romantic songs better than most of his contemporaries.Interestingly there are two versions of this evocative song. The Kishore Kumar version which is more popular in hindsight was filmed on Bharat Bhushan. Shashi sang this melody in Mohd Rafi voice.
4. Saari khushiyan hain mohabbat ke zamaanein ke liye: Suhana Safar: A road film inspired by the Frank Capra classic It Happened One Night(the same source material used in Chori Chori and Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin) Shashiplayed escort to the woman on the run Sharmila Tagore and got to sing some terrific numbers.Shramila is one of Shashi’s favourite co-stars.
5. Likhe jo khat tujhe woh teri yaad mein hazaaron rang ke sitaare ban gaye: Kanyaadan : Dazzling with his toothy grin, and displaying a body language that was far removed from his brother Shammi Kapoor’s quirky moves, Shashicould whip up romance with just a smile and a song.The object of adoration in this number was Asha Parekh.
6. O meri sharmilee: Sharmilee: In a film where Raakhee had a double role and the best songs sung by LataMangeshkar Shashi turned on the charm full blast in Kishore Kumar’s naughty number, as too in the soulful tracksKhilte hain gul yahan and Kaise kahen hum pyar ne humko.
7. Tera mujhse hai pehle ka naata koi: Aa Gale Lag Jaa: Among all his films Manmohan Desai considered this is his favourite. Shashi simply dazzled as Kishore Kumar gave voice to this emotional father-son song.
8. Le jayenge le jayenge dilwale dulhaniya le jayenge: Chor Machaye Shor: Such was the impact of this RavindraJain composition that when years later, Aditya Chopra made a film with the title taken from this iconic song he couldn’t dare to do a song with the same words.Shashi taunting his screen Sasurji(Karan Dewan) while dancing withMumtaz remains a vivid visual of the actor’s joie de vivre.
9. Nain churaakar chayan churana kisska hai yeh kaam: Aamne Samne: The only time in his career when Shashidanced like his brother Shammi. Doing the twist with such uninhibited relish Shashi shimmied, or shall we sayshammi-ed in style.
10. Suhani chandni raatein humein sone nahin deti: Mukti: The image of a pained bearded Shashi tapping this soulful R D Burman tune on the piano remains. …Pain seldom manifested itself so wonderfully in any actor’s eyes.Incidentally this was one of the last songs that Mukesh sang before his untimely death.The other swan song in Mukesh’s career was Chanchal sheetal nirmal komal from Satyam Shivum Sunderam .And too was filmed on ShashiKapoor.