1. Because Baaghi is a tribute to Bruce Lee and to [tooltip id="4db8f5608d45f5de7881d9bce162f4bf"]Salman Khan">">[/tooltip].While Tiger fights like Lee, the film’s title harks back to Salman’s film of the same title. Deepak Shivdasani’s Baaghi released in 1990 was subtitled ‘A Rebel For Love’. Tiger’s Baaghi can be subtitled ‘A Rebel In Love’.
2. Because it smells right. Tiger plays a young Rambo. A vendetta machine out on a vengeful spree with a pretty girl in tow. Oh wow wee!The film has young a urbane action feel to it. The treatment of the romantic-action theme is ultra-chic.
3. Very clearly Tiger has evolved as a person, action, fighter and dancer. If we gave him 4 out 10 for screen presence in his debut film Hero-Panti it’s 7 out of 10 in Baaghi.
4. The pairing with the petite and pretty Shradha Kapoor is a big hit. While Kriti Sanon in Hero-Panti looked a little intimidating for Tiger, Shraddha fits into Tiger’s space very well.
5. This is Shradha’s debut as a fighter.So far she has played the avenger(Luv Ka The End), the go-getter(Aashiqui 2), the victim(Ek Villain) , the poetess(Haidar) and the dancer(ABCD2). But not the fighter. InBaaghi she kicks ass with panache. I guess it’s the company she keeps.
6. Tiger Tiger burning bright…Not since Hrithik Roshan have we seen such a potent combination of fighter and dancer. Baaghi taps both the USPs in Tiger’s personality with equal urgency.
7. The timing is just right: We haven’t had a big hit youth flick in 2016 yet. In fact the Bollywood boxoffice is aching for a hit after the shocking under-performance of Shah Rukh Khan’s Fan and the abysmal failure of all the 4 releases last week.
8. The music provided for Tiger and Shraddha by Amaal Malik, Manj Music, Meet Brothers and Ankit Tiwariis much superior to what Anand-Milind provided for Salman and Naghma in the old Baaghi.
9. Shraddha’s father Shakti Kapoor played the main villain in Salman Kapoor’s Baaghi. Now Shradha stars in the new Baaghi and even sings an indirect homage to the cult of lineage in showbiz: Main toh tere dhang meinDhal chuki hoon Bas teri ban chuki hoon Mera mujhme kuch nahi Sab tera, sab tera..