1. Because everyone loved the naughty philandering husband which the late(and great)Sanjeev Kumar played in the original Pati Patni Aur Woh(PPAW) in 1978. Sanjeev was such a chameleon he could make the husband look like an innocent victim even while he brazenly cheated on his wife.
2. Because the cheating husband is now played by Kartik Aryan who has in the last one year grown two things: a stubble and a fan-base.Don’t know about the stubble, but everyone from age 3 to 83 likes Kartik. I really don’t know anyone who doesn’t have a soft corner for Kartik though some of his older women fans who would love to feed him,crub he is too scrawny. But lean is cool. Right?
3. Kartik, has already delivered a hit this year with Lukka Chuppi and his co-star Bhumi Pednekar had a success earlier this year with Saand Ki Aankh .As for the ‘Woh’ Ananya Pandey is the star without a hit, thanks to the dynamics of the digital era.Director Mudassar Aziz, this talented scenographer is the master of soufflé satires. He delivers stinging hometruths without launching into sermons.
4. Because 2019 is the year of refined intelligent sex comedies: Bala and De De PyarDe were mischievous and sexy without getting vulgar. PPAW will complete the hat trick.
5. Because the first Pati Patni Aur Woh was superhit. It remains to this day one of the prolific B R Chopra’s most successful films ever. While Chopra’s big-budget films like Waqt and Nikaah were blockbusters for their lavishness , Pati Patni Aur Woh spent a meager amount on the actors and production values.The new PPAW has spent a lot more on production. But every husband who has ever thought of cheating on his wife and every wife who has ever suspect her husband of cheating on her, wants to watch what happens to Kartik’s mustachioed middleclass Kanpuri cheating avatar .