5 Things To Look Forward To In Toofaan
By Subhash K Jha
- Farhan Akhtar as the boxer Aziz Ali, a. k a Ajju Bhai surrenders completely to the role. Initially his body language is that of a street-smart tapori. Then as he reveals his pugilistic impulses the body language is more measured more indrawn. This is definitely the best performance by an Indian actor as a boxer comparable with R Madhavan in Sala Khadoos.
- All eyes are on the Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra-Farhan Akhtar pair. Their last collaboration Bhaag Milkha Bhaag was also a sports drama. It broke records in its genre. Will Toofan whip up a storm at the boxoffice? We will never know, as it’s premiering on the digital platform.
- Farhan Akhtar was last seen in Shonali Bose’s The Sky Is Pink, as a father trying to come to terms with his daughter’s impending death. The character was as far removed from Toofaanmovie as cinematically possible. While Farhan’s character in The Sky Is Pink suffered from urban restraint here as the rustic boxer he get a chance to let himself go. The emotions are never pent-up here. He vomits it all out.
- Mrunal Thakur’s as the boxer-hero’s Significant Other will surprise you. She has an identity beyond being the hero’s romantic interest. She is a professional and she supports her man, but doesn’t fawn over him. Nor sit at the dining table waiting for him to come home. In Rakeysh Mehra’s films the women don’t have much footage . But they leave a lasting impact.
- The boxing sequences do not fake it, they do not use special effects to show fake blood spraying across the screen in slow-mo. We can see Farhan really taking the blow. The pain is real. ‘Wince’ beaten twice shy.
It is an upcoming Indian Hindi-language sports drama film directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and starring Farhan Akhtar as a national level boxer, alongside Mrunal Thakur and Paresh Rawal in supporting roles. The film will schedule to release on 16 July 2021 on Amazon Prime Video.
Story of ToofaanMovie
‘Toofaan’ which narrates the story of a boxer marks the second collaboration of Farhan Akhtar with Rakeysh after the massive success of ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, the biopic based on Indian athlete Milkha Singh. In the film, Farhan will be seen as a national-level boxing player. The movie has been shot across Mumbai at real locations like the Dongri slums and the Gateway of India.
The trailer of Rakeysh OmPrakash Mehra’s long-awaited Movie (oh,the agony of riding the pandemic!) offers no surprises. And that’s not a bad thing. Sports films about underdogs overcoming all odds to emerge the chosen children of the gods, provide a certain vicarious thrills to the audience.
If HE can do it, why can’t I?
The trailer attempts the triumph-of-spirit, teacher and the taugh, the treacherous and the taut route with tremendous style and brio. Farhan Akhtar seems to have worked overtime over his body. The pugilistic look is impressive. When we first meet the boxer Aziz Ali a ban from boxing for five years has been revoked. He is reluctant to return to the ring. But the one who wears his ring convinces him to give it his best shot again. Does that ring a bell?
Where and how to watch Farhan Akhtar-starrer ‘ToofaanMovie’?
The forthcoming film was slated to stream on Amazon Prime Video.
All you need to do is download the Amazon Prime Video app from Google Play Store on your Android phone or iOS.
If you have never used the Amazon Prime Video service previously then you can opt for a 30-day free trial period.
Just log in to your account and opt for the free trial period by entering your card details.
Enjoy the sports drama ‘ToofanMovie’ on your devices.