Runway 34 May Be A Runaway Hit
- The Amitabh Bachchan-Ajay Devgan combo is lethal on screen. They were seen together years 24 years ago in Major Saab which Mr Bachchan’s friend Tinnu Anand had directed. Is it a coincidence that the duo played men in uniform in Major Saab and now in Runway 34?
- Ajay Devgan has lately been going through extraordinary success. At a time when the entertainment industry faces a crippling recession ,during the last two years, Devgan is part of such megahits as Tanhaji(released), Sooryavanshi, Gangubai Kathiawadi and RRR.After the spectacular success of Tanhaji this is Devgan’s first full-length role on the big screen, and fans are agog.
- Ajay Devgan returns as a director after Shivaay. It is most apparent that over the years Devgan has evolved as not just an actor but also a full-fledged filmmaker who understands every department of filmmaking from music to editing. However, unlike certain other superstars who arrogantly direct the director , Devgan plays the captain of the ship only when officially designated for the job.
- Incidentally Devgan has played a man in uniform several times before. His cop act in Singham has won him thundering appreciation. Devgan is equally compelling in a pilot’s uniform. He joins Tom Hanks in Sully, Denzel Washington in Flight and Rajesh Khanna in Aradhana as an airborne hero.
- There are no distractions in this taut airborne thriller. It has no songs and no digressions in the plot. It is a no-nonsense film and a soothing antidote to the aggressive wild over-the-top blockbuster antics of recent eyeball grabbers.